Consultant - Security & Firewall Service Delivery
About the position:
The Network Security Service Delivery Consultant is an experienced professional with end-to-end knowledge of engineering, configuration, and implementation practices across enterprise-class security appliances, firewalls, management systems, etc. The role is a client-facing member of our Service Delivery team, leading the engineering and delivery of solutions from OEMs that include (but are not limited to):
• Palo Alto
On occasion, you may also provide level-3 technical support to clients, offering guidance and assisting with troubleshooting. This position involves a mix of office and home-based work, in addition to some client site activities, requiring flexibility in location and hours to successfully deliver projects.
• Creation and maintenance of project documentation, including:
• Technical requirements
• Design diagrams (OSI Layer 1, Layer 2, Layer 3, and general topology)
• Design Technology Descriptions
• Installation of OEM equipment, virtual or physical (racking, stacking, cabling, and powering up) along with initial configuration of solutions.
• Verification that interoperability matrices are followed during planning and installation, and adherence to best practices as they pertain to specific products from OEM partners.
• Assistance with clients’ change management activities; working knowledge of change management fundamentals (documenting configurations, implementation plans, contingency plans, testing plans, backout plans, etc.) is expected.
• Training of stakeholders and partners on the features/functionalities of solutions; this can include technical and non-technical stakeholders, so adapting messaging to a given audience is crucial.
• Collaboration and coordination with internal stakeholders and client partners to guarantee success throughout the entire project lifecycle.
• Client consultation and guidance, in partnership with our Solutions Architects and Project Managers, will be a core aspect of the role, as well as advocating for future project opportunities.
• Ongoing technical education and certification.
• 10+ years related experience in IT networking and/or security, with a proven history of professional success and certifications in the field of Information Security, such as:
• Next Generation Firewalls (NGFW)
• ISO 27001 & NIST Framework
• CMMC Compliance
• Vulnerability & Penetration Testing
• NAC & AAA
• Endpoint Security products
• DNS security
• Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)
• Strong skills around ZTA, ZTNA, and SASE
• Strong analytical and reasoning skills with the ability to absorb new technology quickly.
• Willingness and ability to travel to customer locations (primarily in the Midwest) as needed.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Self-starter with ability to work in a team environment.
• Eligible to work in the U.S. without visa sponsorship.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in information technology, information systems, engineering, math, physics, or other hard science.
• Experience in both physical and virtual deployments.
• Working knowledge of configuring and integrating third-party security capabilities within cloud infrastructure environments (AWS, Microsoft Azure, an/or Google Cloud Platform).
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org