Support Engineer – Helpdesk Tier III
Support Engineer - Helpdesk Tier III
The Tier 3 Engineers have specialized in multiple technology disciplines but will also be versed in other IT service delivery technologies. The Tier 3 Engineers perform testing, analysis and restoration of failed production services to customers and users. A primary function of this position is to monitor and sustain the SLA’s (Service Level Agreements) as well as the growth and capacity planning aspects for managed service customers.
• Performs Tier 1, 2 and 3 support for Managed Services Customers – quickly discerns and prioritizes all incoming requests and tickets.
• Design, configure and implementation of network infrastructure for small to medium size businesses.
• Provides technical assistance and problem resolution for customers requesting assistance on application or system related issues or questions.
• Demonstrates a commitment to increasing customer satisfaction. Delivers friendly, courteous service to clients.
• Responsible for following up on all open and/or overdue tickets assuring a resolution in a timely manner.
• Maintains information within a knowledge-based computer system. Includes data entry of commonly reported problems, questions and known resolutions and troubleshooting steps.
• Uses creativity and innovation to automate and streamline processes and procedures. Grows deeper knowledge of current corporate products, increasing ability to resolve tickets on first contact.
• Effectively balances high volume productivity demands against ability to provide analytical troubleshooting and problem resolution.
• Completes excellent and proficient documentation in ticket system and follows processes in IT Glue, SharePoint and other forms of corporate product documentation systems.
• Responds to text, phone calls, e-mails, team messaging, team meetings and any other form of communication within the company’s system in an efficient and timely manner without delay.
• Critical thinking skills and a strong analytical mindset.
• Strong client relationship/customer service experience.
• Strong oral/written communication skills. Ability to articulate technical concepts to non-technical audience.
• Experience supporting and troubleshooting Web based applications.
• Understands Active Directory user and email management: reset password, unlock account, creating accounts, group policy, and group management, mailbox creation and management.
• Understands basic Networking principles, including network troubleshooting for connectivity issues, wireless, DHCP, DNS, use of tools like PING, IPCONFIG, NSLOOKUP and TRACERT.
• Has strong knowledge of desktop applications and Microsoft based operating systems with emphasis on Windows 10 and Office 365.
• Ability to resolve Virus/Malware issues.
• Ability to configure and troubleshoot Network printers.
• Understands file and share permissions, drive mappings and offline files.
• Very strong working knowledge of Windows Server environments
• Proficiency in MS Office applications and Office 365, desktop operating systems Terminal Services, VPN technologies, MS Exchange Server, LAN/WAN network topologies, Anti-virus solutions and firewall technologies.
• Cisco FirePower, Meraki and Sophos Firewall experience preferred.
• Proficiency in Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy and Powershell Administration
• Exceptional troubleshooting skills
• Networking technologies of VLAN’s, Switching, L2,L3, SDWAN
• Working knowledge of virtualization technologies including VMWare and Hyper-V
• Experience with Microsoft Office 365 migrations and management.
• Exceptional customer facing skills, customer service and professionalism
• Availability for some after-hours work and on call rotation
5 years helpdesk experience
and required education.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or MIS preferred
Formal Technical education
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com